What are Google Forms? Google forms is a free survey tool that’s part of G Suite, it lets you collect information from people through personalized quizzes or surveys.
You can connect the information to a spreadsheet on sheets to record the answers, the spreadsheet populates with the responses from the survey in realtime. Google forms are one of the easiest means to save data directly into a spreadsheet.
With Google Forms, you can start surveys, collect RSVPs, or create a quiz for students with an online form. You can also share through a direct link, email, or social media and also ask everyone to participate.
Before you will be able to use Google forms, you have to sign up for a Google account.
How to Sign up for a Google Account
To create a Google account, you’ll
- Open your Google and click on Create Account, and then click on For Myself.
- Enter your First name, last name, username, and password.
- Then you will verify your phone number so Google can verify you are not a robot.
- Enter the verification code you received from Google to complete your account verification.
- On the next page, you will see a form to enter your personal information like your date of birth and gender.
- Your account has been created.
How to Create a Blank Form
After you must have created a Google account, you can create your first form. Here’s what you will do;
Go to the Google Forms homepage and click on the multicolored plus sign located at the bottom-right corner.
The multicolored plus sign will turn into a purple pencil icon, click on it to create a new form.
How to Choose Question Types
After creating a Google form, you can select the type of questions you want people to answer. To do this, you’ll
- Click the drop-down menu next to the question field.
- Select the type of questions you want from the list. your choices of questions are:
Short Answer, Paragraph, Multiple Choice, Checkboxes, Drop-down, File Upload, Linear Scale, Multiple Choice Grid, Checkbox Grid, Date and Time
How to Add More Questions
To create a survey or quiz, you will have to include more than one question on it. You can vary the types of questions, and even separate them into sections so that everything won’t appear on a single page. To add more questions to your form, you’ll
- Click the plus sign.
- Click on the icon that looks like two triangles, to add another section or separate question.
- You can give the section a name.
To add another question to a different section, just drag and drop them between sections.
How to Create a Quiz
Google forms can be used to create digital quizzes, which grade, send results, and collect student responses. To create a quiz, you will have to
- Click on the settings cog at the top of the page.
- Tap on the quizzes tab and enable Make This a Quiz.
- After enabling the quiz mode, you can select when the student’s mark should be released. you can also select what a student can see after they submit their quiz.
- Click o Save to exit the window.
- Return to your quiz and select one of the questions and click Answer Key to edit the correct answer. And also to select how many points each question has, and add answer feedback for the answer to each question.
- Select Edit Question to close the answer key and also save your changes.