Google Analytics is a Google feature that provides advanced metrics and data about website traffic. This post is geared toward setting up google analytics on a website.
Guide to set up Google Analytics for your website.
- Launch a browser.
- Next, go to the Google Analytics homepage.
- Click on the Sign In and then click on Analytics.
- You will be prompted to Sign in to your Google account that you want to set up Google Analytics on.
However, if you do not have a google account then you will need to sign up for one.
- If you have one already then, Log into Google Analytics.
- Proceed to Click on admin at the bottom-left corner of the page.
- From the Account column, click on the dropdown menu and click to Create New Account.
- Indicate the data you want to track.
Now Its Time to Link the Website
Fill out the following fields:
Ensure to use your brand name. Because if you have multiple websites, you might want to categorize the various websites with respect to their brand names/account names.
Enter the website name that you wish to track. Note that this is not the web URL and does not start with www. Enter just a phrase or word associated with the website.
Now it is time to enter the website URL (web address).
Next, click the Get Tracking ID button and agree to the Analytics Terms of Service.
- Add the Tracking ID to your site.
To add the Google Analytic tracking ID to your site,
- Copy the Tracking ID
- Then paste to the Google Analytics Code section of the site builder.
- Finally, click Save that’s at the bottom of the page.
Note If you lose your tracking ID, It can be revealed by going to Admin, then Tracking Info, and Tracking Code.
Learn how to earn up to $1000 and above blogging! Signup now | Coupon: take100