The search engine optimization (SEO) goal for small businesses is to appear on the first search page of Google. Keyword research is the only way to get you those goals. As such it’s so important to work on competitive keyword target.
Being found in high ranking pages is an attainable goal for small businesses. However, to achieve feat but small businesses have to be highly resilient and understand SEO than big competitors. Because Google advert is perhaps the only avenue to compete in the advertisement front.
Below are four steps plan for keywords Research strategies to effectively compete against larger competitors.
Step 1: Brainstorm and Select Keywords
The first thing to do is to select the keywords intend to rank for (connecting to your business or service).
Brainstorming keywords is quite easy especially if in business for a while. Try coming up with phrases or the questions asked by customers ask when purchasing your product.
Some established processes business include:
- Brainstorming: Think of questions your target customers may ask then providing an answer.
- Keyword segmentation: Create a topic group for your keyword targets
- Keyword research: Find keywords that match topics and relate the topic to your business and target customers.
Step 2: Think Like a Small Business
After identifying your keyword, the next thing to do is vet them using Google’s Keyword Planner.
When doing keyword research, it’s important to maintain the right mindset at this step. It is funny but you have to think like a small business or stand to lose the point. Because it all about dollars and you want to get returns for every one of it spent.
Inasmuch as the internet is a free advert zone that favors small businesses, it is wrong to downplay the impact of the investing power of larger companies. Lots of small business makes selecting keywords with the highest search volume. Might seem like the right choice but its actually a death sentence for small business SEO.
High-volume keywords are very competitive requires time and money to rank on and even then, there’s no guarantee you ever will.
Step 3: Seek Out Lower-Volume, Long-Tail Keywords
Search volume is one critical area small businesses pay attention to. It is the number of people looking for a keyword. It is odd but advisable to target keyword with relatively low search volume.
For example, let’s say you are marketing your content for SEO perhaps an ebook. So the search volume for SEO is 110,000 with a competition level of 74, It is advisable to go for other keywords. Say, SEO analytic of search volume search volume of 14,000 and a competition level of 20 or 30. Like it or not you easily rank higher on SEO analytics because of the competition level.
Putting it simply, it better to stand out than stay in the crowd.
Long-Tail Keywords Are Attainable
Find keywords with realistic search volume, if you want to drive real traffic. It is im[ortant to search for phrases, or “long-tail” keywords, over short ones. As in SEO and SEO analytics or “small business SEO company” is the exact kind of keyword should use for the following reasons:
- Attainable Volume: The more terms a keyword phrase, the lower your search volume be. “Small business SEO company” is in the same keyword family as the SEO, SEO marketing, SEO optimization but because it contains four terms have a lower search volume. For that reason, it will be easier to rank and drive traffic.
- Higher-Quality Traffic: Longer keyword phrases also attract visitors serious about taking actions such as making a purchase, setting an appointment, etc. since searchers who search for long keywords specific on what they want.
- More Targeted Content: Longer-tail keywords also provide answers to search queries as well as stand as just a copy.
Keyword Research Step 4: Have a “Less Is More” Mindset
Small businesses always put more into marketing than they get out of it. If you Optimized your website for 100 different keywords you would be expecting more traffic but in reality, no 10 would drive significant traffic. The other 90 keywords would give insignificant traffics.
With a “less is more” approach, energy is focused on identifying a handful of keywords that will yield results. This is but a huge time saver and earning the same amount of traffic you would normally have for divided attention.
Keyword Research Is the Basis of SEO Services
In keyword research, these tactics will help you and turn you into a pro faster. Small business can indeed compete with larger companies through SEO.
Learn how to earn up to $1000 and above blogging! Signup now | Coupon: take100